Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Subject Guide
Use this guide is a starting point for finding information either from library resources or through selected web sites from the appropriate Subject Internet Gateway. Please select an option below.
Subject Support Liaison LibrarianThe library liaison for Humanities is Niamh Walker-Headon BA, MSc LIS, ALAI.
- Use the library online catalogue to check what books, journals, videos, student projects etc. are in the library
- My Account tells you view what items you have on loan, here you can place requests for items on loan to by another user & renew your own loans.
- The library's Electronic resources provide access to: full text peer reviewed journal articles, abstracts, conferences and standards.
- The Internet is also a source of information. To assist you we have selected some web-sites and search portals for your subject area on the Subject Portals. These contain links to Subject Internet Gateways which list preselected links to web pages, so you don't have to do the searching.
Journals for this subject area are available in both print and electronic formats.
Print copies are available in the library to the left of the stairs. See a list on the library catalogue
Electronic journals are available:
- freely on the internet - to see a listing please see the subject internet Gateway
- or via our subscription services - to see a listing please see the databases home page or on your subject portal
Relevant Databases & Electronic Resources
These are available via the Subject Internet Gateways .
Class numbers are used to shelve library items in numerical order. Each number represents a subject. All the books on the same subject should be found together. Normally we will have added the first three letters of the surname of author to the class number, to make them easier to find.
Just follow the signage until you reach the number you require, and then follow the numbers on the spines of the books until you find the book you want.
Topic - Cookery
|Hotel Industry Law||343.078, 647.94|
|Hotels, Hostels etc.||647.94|
|Services Marketing||658.803, 384|
|Health and Fitness||613|
This material is located in the reference section of the library, near the library desk.
This material cannot be removed from the library.
|Guide to effective consumer marketing for tourism enterprises||Reference 338.4971|
|Dictionary of Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality||Reference 338.4971|
|OAG Gazetteer||Reference 338.4971|
|Encyclopedia of Tourism||Reference 338.4971|
|Dictionaries||Reference 400 to Reference 499|
|The Nutrition and Health Dictionary||Reference 613.2|
|The Foods and Nutrition Encyclopedia||Reference 641.03|
|Wine Appreciation||Reference 641.22|
|Classic Spirits of the World||Reference 641.25|
|Bridgestone Irish Food Guide||Reference 641.31|
|Hotel and Restaurant Guides||Reference 641.94|
|Student Projects||Reference 647|